The IS-UP Nucleus of the Museum of the Person is a digital repository of qualitative data, in the form of oral testimonies on various topics. Through video-recorded interviews (or just audio, if anonymity is required), it is possible to capture and disseminate life stories, creating a digital archive of oral sociology that can be used as a basis for future research and foster community intervention actions.
In this digital museum, which focuses on the voice and the stories of different social actors spread across the country and facing different social inequalities, people's life stories are the works of art to be admired and analysed by all.
The main aims of this initiative are to:
- Create a database of diverse qualitative data to be used in future sociology and other disciplinary research and interventions;
- Promote a decentralised and active dynamic of engagement with communities in the area;
- Disseminate information and knowledge in an open and transparent relationship with the wider civil society;
- Promote reflection and knowledge on different forms of social vulnerability;
- Elevate the voices and stories of people and communities in situations of social exclusion and vulnerability;
- Preserve memories, traditions and ways of life while promoting reflection on the future, in a transformative and empowering perspective.
I Exhibition. Stories of former Pejão miners - Coal mining in Portugal
II Exhibition. "Vila Flor no Feminino" - Stories of Portuguese Women in the Interior of the country
III Exhibition. (In)visible stories